Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bowling, Guitar Hero and a Happy Birthday/Hallowe'en

Hello everyone. I'm sorry I've been so long in updating. My mom, dad and sister let me know that they don't appreciate not having an update since Tuesday.

SORRY.

So this week has been pretty average. We didn't do any excursions or anything but it was still fun. Today we did go bowling up at the Rec Centre. It was five pin bowling (the very best kind!)and so not so hard. I actually broke 100 for both rounds. The first I had 112 and Maddy beat me by one point. Damn you and your point Maddy. On the second round I had 105 points. Not too shabby. Anyway, we had to walk to the Rec Centre because apparently we are over our km's for the week or month or something by 700 kms I think I heard...or maybe it was 70. That kinda makes more sense. I was so sure I heard 700 though. Anyway, it was a really cute bowling alley with only 4 lanes and little red and white seats and non mechanic score keeping, that is to say, a pencil and paper.

Yesterday was a very special person's birthday...SUNEET! I hope you had as much fun as you sounded like you were having when I called yesterday night. For Hallowe'en I hng out with the little kids at Schreiber Elementary. We watched movies, ate treats and then Sarah and I ran a gamey thingy. I shall explain. Basically, during our lunch we decorated boxes with construction paper and stuff and made them all spooky and cool. Then we but gross things in them! There was jello, pasta, mashed potatoes and pumpkin guts inside and the kids were so funny when they touched them. None of the kids guessed all of the things though. I was actually dressed up for the day as Dorthy. I had ruby slippers and everything. It was cool. I randomly found a Dorthy costume at the Thrift Store in town (I love that place to bits) and I'm going to be using it for the Medieval Night/Festival/Thing as well. It's pretty perfect. I'm going to bring it home too because it is perfect for so many Hallowe'ens to come. Then at night I wanted to dress as an alien but I wasn't able to think of anything to wear so I made myself into an alien Dorthy and wore my white and blue dorthy costume and then painted my face blue and red and put a green googly eye in the middle of my forhead. It was kinda terrible, but fun all the same. And then I trick 'o treated. I know, I know. I'm too old. TOO BAD. It was fun and I felt like such a kid and I loved it. Running from house to house and yelling trick or treat at every house. So much fun! There were four of us (Simon, Cassie, Rosie and me) who went. Then Cassie went home, I went home, and Rosy and Simon stayed out for another two hours. They had FULL pilloww cases. It was very impressive.

After Trick o' Treating we went next door to our neighbors who had a huge chiminea (I think I spelt that terribly wrong) and we sat around and roasted marshmallows and sipped hot chocolate. It was so nice.

So at the library I work at there is a guitar hero. It's fun and I'm terrible. I can get about 85% on Easy and that's about it. Jessy can get 98% on Medium. *Sigh*. Well, yesterday I played with Sarah after I was finished with the school because we had a n hour to kill before Jessy came off work. Oh, and we have our own truck! All the Schreiber people are now able to get to Schreiber without the big Katima-van. Instead we have a Schreiber truck. It seriously does say Schreiber on the side and we love it. And though we are not technically allowed to drive in Katimavik, we have special circumstances with the fact that the two towns are not close enough to walk. It was take quite a few hours actually. And that is in good, sunny weather. But we are vey careful with the truck and follow all speed limits and only use it to get from Terrace Bay to Schreiber and back again. We actually have to record all our kilometers and gas and stuff, for the towns to know where we are going. They are paying for our gas though, which is nice.

On Wednesday (while Terri had her 24 hours off) we had to write out our group contract and today we signed it. And there was no blood on the walls. There was on tense moment when we were discussing our Family Night (the one night a week we all have to hang out together and play games or do something fun). We have decided to make that Friday nights and when Jessy commented on the fact that we might want to go out with co-workers or friends in town on a Friday night, Alyssanne asked "You have friends here?" and Jessy responded "Not yet, but.." and Alyssanne said, "No, do you have friends?" And Jessy again responded, "No." And Alyssanne in all her short fury yelled, "NO! Fuck your friends, family comes first!" And then everyone laughed. Alyssanne may be small, but she is loud.

Last thing, and then I've got to go. We are going to be going hiking tomorrow in Neys National Park with the group from Marathon. That will be good because we haven't seen any of the other groups for two weeks. So that will be fun!

Up date you later.

Sara

1 comment:

Jessy A. B. said...

You should see my friends who get 99% on expert, their freakin' crazy!