Saturday, November 22, 2008

Living at the Quintons!

I am in the middle of my billeting period at the moment which is why I haven't posted anything in a bit. I haven't had a computer for a few days because I was really busy getting all packed up to go and then also the wireless at the house here is being a little screwy. But now I've got the internet and I've got the time and the planets have all aligned. It's time to write!

Sarah and I are living together with the Quinton family which consists of Sandy, Tom, Bonnie and Diesel. Also, their daughter Patty drops by a lot with her kids Kenny, Arora (also known as Rory!) and the baby girl Casey. The kids are all very blond and cute. The two oldest go to Schreiber Pulic where I work so I've seen them before and I didn't even realize it. Bonnie and Diesel are very cute as well, but they are a little hairy. Of course that could be because they are dogs...Bonnie is a mid sized brown and white something dog and Diesel is a small little dauschand! I'm living with a little weiner dog! He is so cute and so naughty. He likes to steal everything. He was chewing on my shoes on Thursday night and on my socks this morning. When I was unpacking on Thursday he was trying to get to my underwear and bras. The little bugger. And he jumps around everywhere, which you wouldn't expect from a weiner dog, but he is the exception I guess. These dogs are spoiled rotten. They have Sandy and Tom wrapped around their...tail? Sandy and Tom are their Mommy and Daddy and it's really sweet just how much they love their dogs.

Oh, you should all know, Tom is the man that owns the Schreiber Diesels! OMG! He is a very well liked here because he apparently saved the team from being disbanded or something like that. Right now he is on the road with the team to Sioux Lookout for a game with their team. And maybe...just maybe...we will get to meet some of the team! That would be fun. Seeing people our own age is always very exciting. Apparently two of the boys are from California and one is from Nevada. I didn't know that Junior A Hockey was so serious that you moved countries for it.

We were warned before hand by Terri that we would be working a lot and that this is a busy house. Last night, Sandy put Sarah and I to work making these delicious looking walnut and maraschino cherry bars. We didn't get to try any this morning though because they went to the Legion for their penny auction. I think I'm going to have to copy the recipe down and bring it with me to the Katima-house and then home after because it smelt delicious. I also made another cracker cake (since the last one went over VERY well with everyone) for tomorrow's dinner. I think we are going to be doing a lot of baking and eating in this house which is just fine by me.

Sarah and I are very happy here and happy to be living together even if we are the only two people living in Schreiber. Rosie and Cassie are by a lake (in a very large house we have been told) about 15 minutes west of Schreiber, and everyone else lives in Terrace Bay. At least we don't have to shovel any of the snow at the Katima-house. That is Maddy and Jessy's job since they live the closest. We are getting a pretty sweet deal at the Quinton's. Good food, our own beds, two cute dogs and some really awesome people. Also they have a piano! I haven't played in such a long time. Now I just have to remember all the music I've half memorized from home.

That's all I've got to report right now. Love you all and miss you!

Sara

No comments: