Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Some not so good news.

This morning while I was asleep the phone rang. I didn't get up to get the phone because generally I let it ring if I have been woken up by it. My theory is, if they really need to get a hold of me they can leave a message, or call again. This person left a message that I did not pick up. My father did, and as he was listening to it he swore and put it on speaker phone and started the message over again so I could listen. It turns out that the person who called earlier was from Katimavik. I didn't get his name since I was too intent on what he was saying but I think it was an Xavier I have talked to before. His message was as follows.

"Hello Sara, I am calling from Katimavik to let you know that your Police Report application has been rejected."

Basically what happened is that I went to the police office near me that does vulnerable sector screenings and background checks and asked to have one done. However, in Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) you need to have the organization you are getting the screening for to fill out a portion of the form. I asked about this and Katimavik sent me a form that they use to do background checks which I filled and sent back to them to complete. It noticed that the form was for Toronto area citizens and I am part of the GTA, but I figured that they knew what they were doing and that they had done this before and it was fine. I was wrong. Maybe I said in my email to them that I was from the Toronto region instead of the GTA, but I don't remember it that way. Anyway, they are sending all my forms back (which I hope they haven't done yet since it would be a waste of time for me to have to resend them back again) and I have to send them another police form from my specific region. I'm going to have to do as much as I can tomorrow I suppose. This is just so frustrating. It is 15 days before I am supposed to leave and I don't have any information and I don't even know if I am still going to be allowed to go at all. Will doing another check set me back time wise? I've already told all my family and friends that I AM going, but now who knows?

I was thinking that maybe I could talk to the person who called me and see if I can still be sent to where ever I am supposed to go with an agreement that if my background check turns up anything that would not allow me to continue with the program (which it won't because I am clean) then I will pay them back any money they have spent on me as of then. Flight tickets, buses, food...whatever it is they need to reassure them and let me back into the program. I just need to know what is going to happen. I need time to buy clothes and necessities. I need time to pack and clean. I need time to get everything in order. And I can't plan if I don't know what my timeline is like. Everything is in limbo now. I don't even know where I am going and how I am supposed to get there.

Things need to be cleared up.

No comments: