Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm going, going, gone.

This time tomorrow I will be asleep in a cabin in a place called White Lake (or is it River?) Provincial Park. Today is the day. In a few short hours I will be going to Mass Orientation (or Mass O for short) with 30 other people of my cluster. About 1,000 other excited and scared 17-21 year olds will be doing the same thing. Think about it. Today there will literally be 1,000 youths leaving their homes and moving around the country to many many small towns. It's like a mass exodus of the home nest.



In 10 hours I will be lifting off the ground and flying to Sault Ste Marie. I'm going to be talking to other participants and finding out about them and after everyone has congregated we will hop on a bus and go camping until Sunday. Then we will hop on another bus or possibly the Katima-van and road trip it to Terrace Bay. And we are going to be doing this for 9 monthes. Living with people. Constantly surrounded by people. Preparing food for, eating with and cleaning with people. And they are complete strangers right now. In a week they won't be, but right now they definetly are. And yet, I am so excited. I haven't really felt afraid or nervous or anything. I've had a few nervous twinges in my stomach but it's not even a percentage of what I when I started highschool. When I started highschool, I was so nauseus from nerves that I couldn't eat any breakfast for the entire first week. And leaving home entirely hasn't even made one wave.



I think the reality of it hasn't entirely hit me. When I looked at all my packed bags today I got this overwhelming 'Oh my god this is actually happening and this is all I'm going to have with me for 9 MONTHES' but then it went away and I am back to being blissfully happy. And even though the fact that a lot of people are not blissfully happy about my leaving, it isn't effecting my happiness. Sorry about that. It's just that I am embarking on something huge and cool and it is happening now. Before, October 15th was just some vague day in the future. But now I am leaving today.

Wow.

Sara

So wow.

No comments: