Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Forever is just a day

My last post was only 4 days ago, but it feels like forever that I have known the names of the towns I will be living in. On Wednesday October 15, 2008, I will be taking an airplane at 12 pm to Sault Ste Marie. On this airplane will be two other people from the program (Kwaku and Erin I have been told is their names) and from there we will join the rest of the cluster (for those who don't know, a cluster is the three or so groups who are living in the same area and will do some activities together sometimes) and go to White Lake Provincial Park in White River. We will be staying there until Sunday and will have an orientation camp for those days. I don't really know what we will be doing and just how strenuous it will be...or how cold it will be for that matter, but I am really excited. After that Sunday we will be split up into our three groups and my group (33125) will be living in the two towns of Schreiber-Terrace Bay. It is about two hours from Thunder Bay. It is going to be cold.

I have loaded up on warm clothes because of this. I'm not the best person in cold weather. In fact I much prefer the warmth, but I am still looking forward to being at the very tope of Lake Superior and toughing it for three months.

Anyway, on January 15 I will be moving on. My second placement is in Quebec as you know and that will be in the Town of Mont-Joli. It seems really really nice there. It's right at the beginning of the St. Lawerance so that will be beautiful to live near even if it is going to be absolutely frigid. At least if I'm close to the water, it won't be as cold as if I was inland or farther north. In that respect I am very lucky. There is a population of about 6,000 I believe. I may be mistaken of course. And I don't know the size of Schreiber-Terrace Bay. I've had conflicting information. I've read that there are about 2,000 people; 2,000 people in Schreiber and Terrace Bay each; and about 6,000 people as of 1970...so I am mightly confused.

After Quebec, I am going to be shipped off to British Columbia on April 15 to their reknowned wine region, the Okanagon..Okanagan?...Valley to the town of Pinticton. Such a funny name isn't it. I could actually say it over and over. Pintictin pintictin pintictin...all those I's are funny looking. There is a population of about 30,000 people there. The nice thing about the town is that it is situated right in between two lakes. One is the Okanagan Lake and the other I can't remember, but can you imagine just how beautiful that would be. I know I have a lake view cottage, but I love lake views and I'm going to be living in a town that has two!

Dad wants me to bring back some wine for him which I will do since it isn't every day that you live in a wine region.

And so, now you know where I will be for the next nine months. I'm happy that I will be in BC in the spring and summer. It's going to be beautiful in a valley during that time. And I'll be near water the entire nine months. Everywhere I'm going to be living is near a lake, or river. That id fantastic!

8 Days.

Sara

No comments: